Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sunrises and Sunsets while at Mt. Nebo, Arkansas -Feb. 2014

Neal, Patti and George at Sunrise Point at 6:45 am on 2/26/14 (19 degrees F --wind chill made it feel like 9 degrees)
Besides just being in our little cabin with a view on top of the mountain at Mt Nebo, Arkansas,  the thing I love the most is seeing the beautiful sunrises and sunsets from that mountain. AND--since we had friends with us this time,  we were hoping to see more 'beauties' while there.  AND---we certainly did!!!  Hope you enjoy seeing some photos of God's blessings to us today!!!

So grab a cuppa and sit back and relax for a minute ---looking at my photos!! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do... Click on them for larger photos!


Sunrise- 2/26/14;  Lots of clouds that morning --but where the sun peaked through was pretty; Love the way it glistened on the water below;



Sunset- 2/26/14;  We had a gorgeous sunset that night.  I love framing my sunsets with the trees around our cabin.


Sunset- 2/26/14;  This is one of my favorite photos EVER of a sunset... I love the tree branches framing this sunset.



Sunrise- 2/27/14;  This one was a beauty!  The photo is looking down into the town of Dardanelle, about 6:45 am. 



Sunrise- 2/27/14;   Neal, Patti and George enjoyed seeing this beautiful sunrise from Sunrise Point. It was another cold morning --but not quite as cold as the day before!



Sunset- 2/27/14;  I love sunrises and sunsets when there are some clouds around.  This was another beauty, don't you think?



This is a close-up of the clouds above the sunset.  I took this photo AFTER the sun went down behind the mountain!  Aren't the colors just beautiful?

Well---that's my list of sunrises and sunsets for this year from Mt. Nebo.  There's one more fantastic beauty on my Photo Blog today.  Please don't miss it!  Click HERE for that blog.    AND--don't forget to check out my sidebar --since I put all new quotes on this week.   Thanks!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs,

48 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful Betsy. That first picture on your post, is worth a thousand words! Greetings, Jo

Ms. A said...

These are gorgeous, Betsy, ALL OF THEM! WOW!

Ann said...

Very pretty. I love the third one down

eileeninmd said...

They are all gorgeous photos, Betsy! Watching the sunrise and sunset is one of my favorite things.

Peaches McGinty said...

Hi Betsy!
These are AMAZING photo's! I love the drama and beauty of them, so incredible - the first one is just brilliant, it looks like a music CD cover or a movie still, it's really awesome! x x x

Connie said...

Stunning photos, Betsy! Wonderful way to start and end the day.

linda m said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
linda m said...

Those are the most awesome sunrise and sunset pictures I have ever seen. Well worth the early morning and evening hours and the cold temps. Thank you so much for sharing.

Arkansas Patti said...

Goodness, Patti really is small, especially flanked by a pair of redwood men.
All were beautiful but Sunset- 2/27/14 really caught my eye. Even here in the lower hills, we get some real beauties.

I Am Woody said...

That's the wonderful thing about beautiful sunrises and sunsets - no two are the same! Beautiful!

diane b said...

fabulous sunrises and sunsets and I admire how you brave the cold to et "that" shot. Sunsets do look better when framed or have something in the foreground they also are better composed when the sun is not right in the middle of the shot. Some of the best scenes are after the sun has gone down as you have discovered.

Out on the prairie said...

Lovely, I have chased many. Getting in the right place in time can be hard.

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

I don't see many sunrises, but I do love a beautiful sunset. Thanks for the "fix" this morning. :)

MadSnapper said...

Sunset- 2/27/14 is my favorite today

Tabor said...

Only people who love sunsets and love photography will get all bundled up for shots like that. Congrats!

Sylvia K said...

Incredible ways to begin or end any day and how perfect for a vacation!! Terrific captures of the beauty! I do love sunrises and sunsets -- skies in general!! Thanks for sharing the beauty! Hope your week is going well!!

David said...

Betsy, Great photos of sunrise and sunset! After so many years of getting up at 4:30 AM to go to work, in retirement we rarely get up in time for sunrise. Thanks for reminding us what it looks like! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Linda G. said...

Gorgeous sunrise and sunset pictures.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Being able to see the sun up and down each day is a gift!!!! So glad you were able to enjoy it with your favorite peeps.
XO

Terry and Linda said...

I just adore your header!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://handcraftedbyus.wordpress.com
♬♬♬ Happy Saint Patrick’s Day ♬♬♬

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Betsy What a wonderful place to view these fantastic sunsets and sunrises.

Rohrerbot said...

A little Fiddler on the Roof!:) Really beautiful sun shots....but it looks coooold! Hope you are having a good week. When i look at those pics, I think.....awesome early morning with coffee as the sun comes up....and that is perfection.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

These are fabulous shots- do all the cabins have this view or just the one you two always stay in?

Ruth Hiebert said...

I'm sure glad I don't need to pick a favourite,because they all fall into that category.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Oh, what awesome photos! I love all of the beautiful sunrise and sunset photos. The colors are so pretty. This is a wonderful posting that I enjoyed very, very much. I felt like I was right there with you. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Small City Scenes said...

Oh Betsy, these are all beautiful shots. I love sunsets too. And of course the sunrise can be just as magnificent. Thanks for the warm and wonderful feeling these gave me. MB

Cheryl @ TFD said...

You know I love sunsets, so I loved all of these! Take care and enjoy your week!

camp and cottage living said...

Gorgeous sunrises, Betsy!

Catherine said...

Those are some fantastic shots Betsy!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

You captured some wonderful shots! John and I have had a stomach bug and I have not been on the computer much this week. I think we're gonna live!!!

Susie Swanson said...

Awe, these are awesome. They take my breath away. I can only imagine what they looked like to ya'll. Thanks so much for sharing. Love and hugs, xo

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

Just gorgeous! What a great reason to get up early in the morning! You're so fortunate to have a cabin with such a glorious view!

Unknown said...

Beautiful sunsets :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, the beauty of the skies is delightful. Nature sure is awesome isn't it.

Thanks for your kind words, all is well :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Wow, gorgeous! You make me want to rent a cabin in a state park in the near future!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Wow, gorgeous! You make me want to rent a cabin in a state park in the near future!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

gorgeous times - but i can not imagine the coldness ... you guys look so cold. cold. cold. ( :

i will for sure put this park on our to see list - look just amazing!! i feel like someone close that i know has been there before??! my memory is not working now. ha. ha!!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

GREAT photos of the sunsets and sunrises.. Neat to rent a cabin and have such a very lovely view. Hugs Judy

KathyA said...

Even in the cold there is such beauty! And I hope you returned to your warm cabin to enjoy a fire and some hot chocolate!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful skies!

happyone said...

Wow, gorgeous sky!!

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Nice pictures of sunsets and rises.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

LV said...

You did a super job on your photos and so nice you took us along. However, I am sure nothing replaces the real trip.

Small Kucing said...

Lovely sunset view. So clam and beautiful

Both you and George certainly have talent in getting the perfect shot

Kay said...

Oh wow! Your photos are so impressive! The sunsets and sunrises are spectacular.

Kay said...

Oh wow! Your photos are so impressive! The sunsets and sunrises are spectacular.

Neal said...

There were some really beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Beautiful place.

Donna said...

Lovely! And it looks like a perfect place to capture them!